If you or your family members see a Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin provider, consider opening a MyChart account. MyChart lets you view portions of your electronic medical records, helping you to become more involved with your family’s health care.
Here are five reasons why you should open a MyChart account. MyChart allows you to:
- View medical history, including immunizations, allergies and medications
- View most outpatient lab results online
- Send secure messages to your provider
- Request prescription renewals online
- Track your child’s growth
To create a MyChart account at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, your provider has to give you an activation code during a clinic visit. Once you have the activation code, you have 60 days to go to mychart.chw.org and activate your account. If not used, the code will expire after 60 days.
I encourage you to ask about creating a MyChart account during your next clinic appointment. If you have additional questions, check out the answers to these MyChart FAQs.
– Maggie Butterfield, director, patient amenities and family services, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
At Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, we do all we can to support your family and create a healing and supportive atmosphere. We believe in partnerships between family members and health care professionals through open, ongoing communication.