I am excited to announce Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is hosting a live Twitter chat Aug. 30 to discuss safe teen driving during back-to-school season.
Parents and teens are encouraged to join our motor vehicle safety experts and medical professionals to discuss:
- How to talk to your teen about distracted driving
- Tips to help your teen avoid texting and driving
- The effectiveness of safe driving pledges
- How parents can model good driving behaviors
- Best practices for child passenger safety
When: Friday, Aug. 30, 1 p.m. CDT
Twitter chat hashtag: #TeenDrivingChat
Post a comment and let us know if you have any other suggestions on topics to discuss during this upcoming Twitter chat. I would love to hear from you!
- Deena Liska, motor vehicle safety educator, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
With our new teen driving safety outreach program, Crossroads, we hope to instill a sense of driver responsibility in teen drivers across the state. By becoming a trusted safety resource, we are inspiring parents and educators to get involved and become supportive mentors to new teen drivers.