Children’s Service Society of Wisconsin Parklawn Family Resource Center (formerly known as Family Resource Center of Sherman Park), Volunteer Respite, Pregnancy Counseling and Resources, and Empowering Families programs relocated to the Parklawn YMCA. Together with the YMCA, we’re providing education and support, youth development and connections to community resources for families.
This means families who need our help will have greater access to a variety of services – all at one location. Some of the programs and support offered during the day and evening include:
- Resources to meet basic needs.
- Services to support healthy development of children and children with special needs.
- Health and wellness programs.
- Services to prevent teen pregnancy and support pregnant and teen parents.
- Youth development and leadership programs.
- Fun activities to strengthen family relationships and community support for families.
We recently celebrated our new partnership with open houses for families and community leaders. At our event for families, kids and parents made crafts and played games together, and we sent the kids on a hunt for eggs. Everyone had a blast. Check out the photos.
-LaKesha Knighten, Parklawn Family Resource Center supervisor