We invite you to ride for hope

Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin is teaming up for the MACC Fund by sponsoring a team in the annual MACC Fund Trek 100 Ride for Hope Saturday, June 6.

Honorary co-captain Peggy Troy, MSN, RN, president and CEO of Children’s Hospital and Health System, and I invite you to support this event by registering as a rider or volunteering at the Children’s Hospital-sponsored rest stop.

All the money raised here in Wisconsin goes to Wisconsin researchers to help Wisconsin kids. This event, one of the largest fundraising events for childhood cancer and blood disorders in the U.S., has raised more than $8 million for the MACC Fund.

The MACC Fund has made a difference in the care of our hematology-oncology-transplant patients since 1976. Its $33 million investment in the fight against childhood cancer and blood disorders is one of the reasons our program is among the best in the nation. Patients and families in our neighborhoods and around the world benefit form discoveries here, making our center one of the top 10 in the nation.

When Jon McGlocklin and Eddie Doucette launched the MACC Fund nearly 30 years ago, only 20 percent of patients diagnosed with childhood cancer survived. Most didn’t have a chance for long-term survival. Through research, the survival rate for childhood cancer now is nearly 80 percent.

I am honored to work with both Children’s Hospital and the MACC Fund. We hope to see many of our colleagues and supporters June 6 in Waterloo, Wis., and along the scenic routes of south-central Wisconsin. Join the Children’s Hospital of WI-MACC Fund Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders team by May 23.

On behalf of co-captains Cheryl Hillery, MD; Michael Kelly, MD, PhD; Dave Margolis, MD; and Paul Scott, MD; our exceptional team and the inspiring patients and families we serve, thanks for your support!

–Debra Weiner, director, MACC Fund Center, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin

Comments

We invite you to ride for hope — 1 Comment

  1. Thanks so much for this great blog. The TREK 100 is an awesome event. We hope that others join or pledge riders. The MACC Fund is proud to partner with CHW to help children with cancer and blood disorders.